Lacey is a senior at Missouri State University graduating in May cum laude with a double major in fashion design/product development and merchandising/management with a minor in marketing. After graduation, she plans on pursuing her master’s degree in fashion while working as an assistant designer with an established designer. She would like to eventually work as a lead creative director for a large apparel company while developing her own label. Lacey will be showing three of her own designs this Saturday evening at the 417 FashionNation event. Her senior collection will be on display and open to the public May 16, 6-8 PM at the Old Glass Place.
Ms. Bennett was interviewed for her Senior Showcase and this is what she said:
- What inspires you the most as a designer? Art and what’s trending.
- Describe your design style? I love women’s chic upscale clothing and also enjoy making street style/ready to wear.
- What’s one of your favorite designs that you’re currently working on? My favorite is the first look from my Sr. Collection. I got the inspiration from a 1960’s gown and changed it up to make it my own. It’s a very structured v-shaped dress.
- You’re a Senior at Missouri State. Describe your senior collection for us. For my Senior Collection I got inspired by a mix of architecture, Audrey Hepburn, and 1960’s Balenciaga. It’s an all black, semi-formal, geometric collection.
- What does the future look like for you? I plan to get my Master’s in fashion, take a job as an assistant designer and hope to one day be creative director for a large apparel design company while working on my own brand.
Fashion Design and Merchandising Major